Lincoln County, Kansas, is accepting applications for a full-time Jailer. This position is responsible for the daily management of inmates while maintaining safety and security within the jail. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Documenting and maintaining records of inmate activities.
- Addressing inmate requests.
- Escorting inmates to and from court, medical visits and visitation.
- Serving three meals a day, performing security checks and identifying and responding to safety/security concerns.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the jail area, as well as the rest of the facility.
- Occasional dispatch assist.
The Lincoln County Jail, located at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, and next door to the Lincoln County Courthouse, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Jail houses up to 10 inmates on the second floor of the building. Training will be provided.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or G.E.D., and be free of felony and/or serious misdemeanor convictions, have the ability to multitask, have excellent interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work all shifts and weekends are a requirement of this position.
For more information, contact:
Lincoln County Human Resources
216 E Lincoln Ave
Lincoln, KS 67455