Next door to the historic Cummins Block Building on the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Third street, sits another piece of Lincoln history restored. Craig and Mary Ann Stertz completed four years of restoration work and hosted an Open House in August for the community to see the finished work. (Courtesy photo)
When Craig and Mary Ann Stertz purchased a crumbling, falling building on Lincoln Ave., they saw an opportunity to restore it. With 36 years of marriage to their credit, the couple is still together after 4 years of working out different opinions on the loft renovation. Those interested in staying the loft can rent it out via Airbnb.
The former Lincoln High School was built in 1922 and is an important part of the community’s history. After sitting vacant for 20 years, community members are considering ideas for the buildings redevelopment and reuse. | Photo credit: Landon Cook
Nearly $10,000 in funding has been awarded to the Evangelical Lutheran School in Sylvan Grove to support portions of a much larger restoration effort | Photo by Kelly Larson