Sylvan Senior Center – 2018 Downtown Design Assistance Program Project
The Sylvan Senior Center provides an important gathering place for the community’s residents, but a recent hailstorm has left the exterior in need of some attention. With some relatively simple ideas, the interns were able to propose improvements that could provide a big impact.
Exterior improvements include:
- Replacing the awning’s shingles with standing seam metal
- Painting the building’s siding, trim, and door
- Installing new signage
Over the past year, new flooring has been added to the interior, but additional proposed improvements include:
- Replacing old cabinets with new upper and lower cabinets
- Modifying the kitchen island to be more functional
- Modifying the bathroom to be more ADA accessible
- Installing a new projector and screen
- Relocating the tv for better viewing
Besides utilizing their own funds, the Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation will be providing some grant funding to help implement the project.
Click on any of the images to see them full size