Labertew Apiaries – 2018 Downtown Design Assistance Program Project
Labertew Apiaries is a major producer of honey in Kansas, with the heart of their operations happening in downtown Sylvan Grove. The interns worked with the multi-generational family business to propose improvements that would let the uniqueness of their product shine through on the outside.
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing the siding to uncover the original storefront
- Installing a new canvas awning to draw attention to the business
- Installing new signage to make the business easier to find
- Painting the metal siding
- Repairing and repointing the limestone foundation under the storefront
Long-term improvements could include continuing to uncover another section of the building’s original storefront, however, the approach is to focus on the main entrance in order to maximize its impact on the business and downtown.
Click on any of the images to see them full size