The Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation (LCEDF) will have two summer interns in 2018, an architecture student, and an interior design student, working to help downtown property owners improve their buildings. The interns will be providing design assistance with recommendations that will improve the appearance of the business and the historic character of the building. The LCEDF will provide grant funding to match the owner’s personal investment in order to help implement the design recommendations.
The goals of the program are to:
- Address deferred maintenance issues that are causing ongoing issues and deteriorating the building.
- Boost the business’s ‘curb appeal’ to attract customers and improve revenues.
- Enhance the historic character of the overall downtown.
- Implement positive change and create momentum for further improvements in our
Business owners who participate in the program will receive the following benefits:
- Creation of schematic designs – 2D or 3D drawings or renderings that illustrate
recommendations for improvements that follow historic preservation principals and are
suited to the needs of the business.
- Product examples – Such as paint samples, awning fabric swatches, signage designs,
etc. as applicable to the designs.
- Cost estimates – Gathered from local contractors and suppliers based on the
recommendations for improvements.
- Grant to implement the project – Up to $5,000 grant from the LCEDF.
Download the information and application form below to learn more about the requirements, process and selection criteria. Please complete all sections of the application providing as much detail as possible. Additional information may be requested. Return completed applications by Friday, May 25, 2018, to the LCEDF office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 785-524-8954 with any questions.
If you have questions on the Downtown Design Assistance Program, application or process, please contact Kelly Larson, Director of the Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation, at 785-524-8954, by email: LcedfDirector@Outlook.com, or stop by the office in the basement of the county courthouse at 216 E. Lincoln Avenue, Lincoln, KS 67455.