A goal of the Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation (LCEDF) is to continually develop community leaders by offering citizens the chance to go beyond county lines in order to learn new ideas, technologies, strategies and successful models of programs that can be adapted to meet our needs within the county.
This initiative will provide scholarships to volunteers to assist with the registration fees associated with a particular conference or training. Scholarships are currently available for the following events:
Kansas Hemp Symposium
February 23, 2019 – Hutchinson, KS
Registration fee/scholarship amount: $99 (includes lunch)
More info: https://thehempbizconference.com/kansas-hemp-symposium/
Big Rural Brainstorm
March 19, 2019 – Lindsborg
Registration fee/scholarship amount: $60 (includes lunch)
More info: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Big-Rural-Brainstorm–Network-It-.html?soid=1102024597594&aid=bNqJO1JvxMM
- Applicant must be a county resident and an active volunteer on a local board/council or organization or a key member of a business with a specific interest in the topic.
- Scholarships will ONLY cover the cost of registration and will be paid as a reimbursement to the recipient AFTER their return.
- Recipient must cover other associated costs such as travel, food, hotel, etc.
- Upon returning from the conference, the recipient must report back to the board/council or business they were representing and to the LCEDF Director/Board of Trustees to share the information they learned to continue spreading new ideas.
Process for Applying:
- Submit an application several weeks before the conference/training to the LCEDF.
- LCEDF board (or director) will review the applications and consider for approval.
- Upon approval, recipient registers for the conference, pays the registration fee and makes any other necessary arrangements such as travel and hotel. (Note: In some cases there maybe others also attending the conference and carpooling can be arranged.)
- After returning, recipient attends either the next LCEDF board meeting and/or the organization he/she represents in order to share information that was learned.
- Recipient submits the registration receipt to the LCEDF director for reimbursement.
- Registrations will not be reimbursed for conferences that were attended without prior LCEDF approval.
For more information:
Please contact Kelly Larson, Director of the LCEDF, by calling 785-524-8954 or emailing LcedfDirector@Outlook.com.